If you would like further information on speech-language therapy, tracheostomy care, and ventilator dependence visit the following resources. Call Independence Plus at (708) 366-4500 to arrange home care services.
• Many patients use ventilators, including those with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, brain injury, and spinal cord damage. Learn more by visiting the National Heart Lung and Blood Institute.
• For detailed instructions on cleaning and caring for an indwelling catheter, visit this page from Medline Plus.
• Discover what post-stroke rehabilitation entails in this list of frequently-asked questions from the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke.
• WebMD.com provides an explanation of the different types of aphasia and how they manifest.
• Visit the American Occupational Therapy Association, Inc. for an overview of what occupational therapy involves and who it can help.