Our recent articles have discussed living with chronic medical needs after being discharged from the hospital and how homecare services can help. Call Independence Plus at (708) 366-4500 to learn how we can assist you and your loved ones.
- For an explanation of the factors involved in the Better Business Bureau’s rating system, visit this page from BBB.org.
- Find detailed information on traumatic brain injury, including how it is detected and what outcomes may be expected, at the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention provide an overview of severe traumatic brain injury and how it may affect patients.
- This journal article from the U.S. National Library of Medicine explores the relatively new classification of minimally conscious state to describe patients who have emerged from a vegetative state but not yet progressed into total consciousness.
- This comprehensive pamphlet from the World Health Association covers a variety of ways to maintain independence after a spinal cord injury.